Victoria Amengual, MA.
Freelance Professional Translator.
Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists, UK.
- Completely bilingual and adaptable with excellent communication skills.
- Talented and experienced writer and therefore able to produce professional and fluid translations.
- Has mastered ancient languages which require vigorous attention and precision.
- Self motivator with determination and tenacity to see things through to their resolution.
- CIOL Diploma in Translation January 2010. Language combination: Spanish to English.
Semi-specialised Science/ Social Science/ Law Module
- CIOL Diploma in Translation January 2008. Language combination: Spanish to English.
General Translation module and semi specialised technology/business/literature module.
- Oct 2003-Oct 2004 Durham University, UK. MA Classics.
- Oct 2000- Jun 2003 Durham University, UK. BA Hons Classical Studies. Class 2:1.
- 1995-1999 Bellver International College, Mallorca, Spain.
A levels in Spanish & French. Grade A. AICE Certificate. Credit.
- 1987-1995 Hellenic College of London, UK.
Primary school and GCSEs in Spanish, Greek and Ancient Greek.
January 2007- Present. Freelance Translator and Writer
Working as a freelance translator from Spanish to English and vice versa. Translating texts for various businesses including tourism texts, media texts, magazine content, website content, business plans. Contributing articles on a freelance basis for In Palma magazine, AbcMallorca magazine and SkyBlue Mallorca Food & Wine Guide.
May 2008 – May 2009 Bon Floreat SL, Mallorca
Content Manager SkyBlueMallorca.com Food & Wine Guide. Translation of Texts from Spanish to English and vice versa. Composition of texts and articles for inclusion on the site. General maintainance and optimisation of the site for search engines. Liasing with clients both in person, over the phone and via email.
November 2007 – August 2008 Shay Software Ventures Ltd
Affiliate Manager for MagicHoldem.com. Contacting potential future affiliates and negotiating terms of collaboration with them and their internet presence. Liasing with affiliates to help them make the most out of promoting the Magic Holdem product. Organising all affiliate payments at the end of each month. Composing marketing email campaigns to send to all affiliates and potential affiliates.
January 2007 –March 2007 Bon Floreat SL, Mallorca
Translating texts for various websites as well as composing and proof reading these texts before they are published online.
April 2007 –Present Various Magazines
Freelance writer for various magazines in Mallorca, researching and compiling information to write articles in English and Spanish.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- French, A level.
- Modern Greek, basic. (GCSE and Durham University beginners’ course).
- Catalan, level B.
Interests and Extra Curricular Activities
- Travelling. Has recently spent two six month periods living in India and four months backpacking in India where she volunteered to help refurbish a school in Rajasthan. This was a new challenge which provided the opportunity to exceed herself both physically and mentally and promoted team work and leadership skills.
- Swimming. Swims regularly and used to swim on a national level with MASTBAL, Balearic Masters swimming team.
- Reading. In a variety of languages.
- Is a confident user of computers, namely Microsoft Word, Internet Explorer, Outlook and Excel.
- FileMaker Pro7, Basic course taken in March 2005.
- Confident user of Membergate and WordPress software.
- European Drivers License, obtained January 2001.
Date of Birth: 04 March 1982
Place of Birth: London, England
Marital Status: Married.